Because of their very high levels of insulation and air tightness, insulated panel systems have for some time been used in projects aiming to perform beyond the regulatory requirements, and have been shown to help achieve BREEAM ratings of Excellent, or even Outstanding.
The success of these projects clearly indicates that insulated panels have an important role to play as the industry moves towards ever higher standards. Although the primary advantage of these systems lies in achieving energy efficiency and CO2 reduction, insulated panels can also deliver a number of other key benefits such as:
- Helping to minimise site waste
- Ensuring fast track construction
- Significant long term thermal performance
- Increasing levels of safe working at height by providing a safe walkable platform once roof panels are fixed and by reducing the amount of time needed to install the roof
- All UK Insulated Panels manufactured since 2004 have zero Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP)