Guide to fire safety and performance in fire
62 page guide to fire safety and performance in fire of insulated panels
This new 2012 guidance document on the fire safety and performance in fire of insulated panel systems for the first time links the results and findings of small and medium-scale fire tests directly to the analysed performance of insulated panels in real fires.
The EPIC Fire Guide for insulated panels for external roofs and walls is divided into 2 parts for ease of downloading:
- General information and regulatory requirements whch covers all the latest regulations for England Wales and Northern Ireland, and separately for Scotland, including the latest Euroclass requirements for roofs and walls
- Fire tests to meet the regulatory and insurance industry requirements linked to the results of fire research findings and the evidence of fire case studies
Part 1. Regulatory and information
- Introduction and history
- Statutory requirements
- The requirements of the Building Regulations for England Wales and Northern Ireland relevant to insulated roof and wall panels including new Euroclasses
- The requirements of the Building Standards for Scotland relevant to insulated roof and wall panels including new Euroclasses
- Fire precautions in Hospitals
- Fire precautions in Schools
- Business and property protection – minimising damage and business interruption; and an overview of Fire Safety Engineering techniques as applied to materials for the building envelope
Part 2. Understanding how insulated panels react in fire
- Fire safety engineering
- Fire tests to meet regulatory requirements
- Fire tests to meet Insurance Industry requirements
- Fire research and fire case studies of both externally and internally originated fires
- Appendix. Fire safety management issues. Good practice and clear day-to-day safety management procedures can reduce the incidence of fires. Guidance is given which is specific to all forms of roofing and cladding.
The ‘Guide to Fire Safety and Performance in Fire’ can be downloaded from here.