The only cookies we use are from Google Analytics and these are:
- ‘_gat’ which is used to throttle request rate (data expires within 1 minute)
- ‘_gid’ which is used to distinguish users (data expires within 24 hours)
- ‘_ga’ which is used to distinguish users (data expires within 2 years)
As a trade body, we understand the importance of building robust relationships with many people across the industryand would never want to jeopardise this. Be assured that we will not sell your personal information to third parties, and we do not allow advertisers on our websites.
The kind of information we may collect (or be accessed by a third-parties such as Google Analytics or our website developer) could include any or all the following:
- Your computer’s IP address (lawful basis: consent)
- Your worldwide geographical location (lawful basis: consent)
- Your internet browser details (lawful basis: consent)
- The site which referred you to us (lawful basis: consent)
- How long you stayed on our site (lawful basis: consent)
- Which pages you viewed (lawful basis: consent)
- Any other personal information that you choose to send to us via web forms (lawful basis: consent)
We may use your personal information for several reasons including the following:
- For website administration purposes, which means that we may contact you in relation to any service you have signed up for (lawful basis: consent, contract)
- To personalise the way that content on our websites is presented to you (lawful basis: consent)
- To allow us to send you any paperwork related to any service you have signed up for e.g. white papers, statements & invoices (lawful basis: consent, contract)
- To communicate with you about the website and to send you general notifications (lawful basis: consent)
- To communicate with you for the purposes of marketing our trade association (lawful basis: consent)
- To allow us (the EPIC management committee) to deal with any enquiries or complaints made by or about you relating to the Engineered Panels in Construction website (lawful basis: consent)
We will never share your details or communications with anyone beyond EPIC Ltd and its management committee without your consent. The information you supply will be used solely for the reasons above and for no other purpose.
Financial information in paper form is kept for six years, as required by law, then shredded. We also use an online bookkeeping system (Xero) which archives invoices and VAT returns.
With individuals who have consented to join a marketing list or similar, we will keep details until a removal request is received. We do not collect sensitive or ‘special category’ information (eg. race, sexual orientation, health).
Google Analytics data is kept for two years and then it is deleted by Google.
The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) state that individuals have the right to:
- be notified of any breaches
- access any data held about you
- have errors amended
- have data deleted
- limit what is process about you
- transfer data to another party
You can view these rights in more detail here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-be-informed/
EPIC takes all reasonable precautions to ensure your data is safe, including adequate virus protection, website maintenance, secure office and devices/systems data is stored on.
Where we provide third party website links, please be aware that we do so to provide information but are not responsible for the security, maintenance or policies of these websites. Accessing them is at your own risk and you are advised to ensure your devices are adequately protected.
If you would like to exercise your rights, want to ask a question about this policy, or make a complaint, please email firstname.lastname@example.org